Special Sunday Interview with Etsy Seller - RebeccaSanchez

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Today I'm inspired to share a very special Sunday interview with an Etsy Seller with you -
RebeccaSanchez.

I first met Rebecca in the forums and we're on the same Etsy team as well. She is always so kind and I wanted to feature here on my blog. Her jewelry would make wonderful holiday gifts for any of the women in your life.

I now introduce you to - Rebecca Sanchez - enjoy!

What prompted you to start selling on Etsy?

I had been making jewerly for myself and my daughters for a couple of years when one of my friends sent me the Etsy link and encouraged me to sell. I checked it out but didn't sign up right away. It took a bit longer to get up the nerve, but I'm glad I did. It's still been a bit slow but I enjoy the whole etsy community and getting to "meet" other people who have the same interests. It's also a great feeling when someone likes something that I've made and purchases it for themselves. The icing on the cake is when they leave feedback on how much they liked it.

Sterling Silver Birds on Heart with Pearl and Garnet Charm Necklace

What inspires you?
The love of my daughters inspires me more than anything. They are my rock.

What is your favorite material to work with (and/or why)?
I like working with silver the best. I like beading jewerly and incorporating leather in my work but hammering and handstamping silver is the most theraputic for me. I've also done lostwax casting with silver and bronze and also find it very satisfying.

Black Onyx and Sterling Silver Stretch Bracelet

Any advice you have for new Etsy sellers?
I'm still very much a novice and could use some advice myself but I would say to make what you enjoy making. Post on the forums for advice and feedback. At times other's opinions may seem a bit harsh, but I have found that they can be very beneficial on how to improve your shop. Also, really make an effort to improve your photos. Keep them sharp and simple.

Peace Sign Adjustable Bracelet - Free Shipping in the US

What is your favorite thing about selling on Etsy?
I like they Etsy format and teams community. For me, selling online can be frustrating when it's slow but I still get an absolute rush when I make a sale. It really is such a great feeling and it keeps me motivated.

adsense code

0 comments:

Post a Comment