A Fat Book, A Wide Telly And A Pulsating Festival

Sunday, October 25, 2009


At long last "The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest" is out in the UK. This is the third (and final) part of the gripping Millennium Trilogy which has, of course, become an international publishing sensation. If you have not read any of the series - written by the late Swedish author Stieg Larsson - it is not too late to start (and start with the first in the series "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo"). At some stage it will be worth pausing a moment or two and trying to work out why the books are so good - they are thrillers rather than great literature after all - and why they have been so successful. But it looks like being a busy week ahead so I will save that post for some time in the future. For the moment I will concentrate on working my way through the 602 pages of Volume 3 in the series.


When I am not reading I am happy to say that I will be sat in front of my new, disgustingly large, television set. It finally arrived on Saturday but it took two so-called Television Installation Technicians (imagine the acronym) two hours of messing about to eventually inform me that they could not get it to work. According to them, this was because there was something the matter with my Cable Box. As they were leaving, I had a look myself and discovered that they were right, there was something wrong with the Cable Box : they hadn't plugged it in properly. The television is now working and when I am not reading I will be working my way through the back-log of films I have been meaning to watch.

And if all that was not enough, this coming weekend is the Marsden Jazz Festival Weekend. I have a long list of things I still need to do : the menu's need designing, forms need printing, and the website needs a final amendment or two.



All this means that I might not be around Blogland as much as normal this week and for this I apologise. I will try to post and comment in between everything else - but a fat book, a wide telly and a pulsating Festival are some competition.

adsense code

0 comments:

Post a Comment