Hump Day Interview with Etsy Seller - EcoChicHandKnits

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Organic Nesting Bowls
Good Morning - Happy Wednesday!

I'm so pleased to present Etsy seller today - EcoChicHandKnits!

I have seen her shop up on the front page recently and I was so happy for her. Sadly, I have no talent for knitting/crocheting, therefore, I am in awe of those who use their hands to create crafty things with yarn. EcoChicHandKnits is an Etsy seller at the forefront of the handmade movement - she uses organic yarn, works magic with her hands and truly believes in what she's doing. I hope you enjoy this interview - I wish her success with her new shop.

What prompted you to start selling on Etsy?

I have been a fan of Etsy since I first heard about it years ago. I used to love browsing through all the shops and seeing all the amazing things that people have created. I have also always been very crafty and love exploring new crafts. About 6 years ago I began knitting. I taught myself from a book that I bought. I then quickly moved on to crocheting (learning this from a book as well) and have been hooked ever since. It amazed me how many wonderful things I could make from myself. Thats how my bowls started. I made them for myself and absolutely loved them. I began getting a lot compliments on them and wondered if others would love them too. I decided to set up an Etsy shop and find out. I have only been doing this a very short time but have received great feed back and am very excited to expand my shop (I have a lot more items I want to add) and see how my shop grows.

Another shot of the Organic Nesting Bowls - Look at these lovely fall colors!

What inspires you?
For my store I'm striving to create practical items in a beautiful way. I'm also inspired by nature and try to recreate the palates that I see.

Organic White Bowls

What is your favorite material to work with (and/or why)?
I am in love with the organic yarn that I use. I've used probably almost every brand/kind of yarn there is over the years and I can honestly say this is my favorite (although I can't wait until they add more colors)! I love that it is natural and 100% organically grown and it is also one of the softest. The colors they have come out with so far are amazing.

Any advice you have for new Etsy sellers?
Hmm...I'm still a very new Etsy seller but my advice would be to make what you love and focus on that. If you believe in what you are selling it will sell. Try and get yourself out there as much as you can and make use of the forums. There are so many wonderful people that are so helpful and kind and it's also a great way to get people looking at your shop.

Walnut Nesting Bowls

What is your favorite thing about selling on Etsy?
I love the environment that Etsy creates. It's a collection of people who all appreciate the same thing. I love how you can ask a question in a forum and there are always people willing to answer and help you out. I've joined a group that is just as happy when I make a sale as they are when they make one. It's a truly creative and nourishing environment where everyone is welcomed and appreciated.

adsense code

0 comments:

Post a Comment